Take care of a horse is an incredible experience that some of us get to experience in our lives. Establishing and maintaining a bond with them takes a bit of work and effort as sometimes it might lead to a positive impact or a negative one. Body language is extremely important when it comes to taking care of your horse. Here are some of the best ways in which you can bond and build a good relationship with your pet horse.
- Observation – The very first thing you need to do is observe. Every horse is unique and behaves differently from the rest. Before you start building a relationship with your horse, you need to know more about them. You might see certain subtle movements or change in behavior from time to time. At this stage, you have to observe and figure out how the horse reacts in different situations.
- Body Language – You need to able to understand if the horse is comfortable with whatever activity you plan for it. If you feel that the horse is a bit hesitant, stop the activity immediately. The same goes for a simple action like stroking their back too. If you feel the horse’s back tensing up, stop stroking its back. Never force the horse into doing anything it doesn’t want to. After you observe and understand a little bit more about your horse, you need to act according to those observations.
- Take Your Time – You need to gradually build up the relationship where the horse will start associating your presence with warmth and love. Training a horse takes time, effort and a lot of love. It might seem a bit difficult in the beginning but over time you will know exactly what your horse likes and dislikes. Patience is the key here.
- The Magic of Touch – A great way to strengthen your bond with your horse is through touch exercises. You need to get your horse accustomed and comfortable with your touch. At first, they might be hesitant or scared, but slowly over time you need to make them feel comfortable. This is done through touch exercises. Stroking or grooming your horse is a great way to make your horse comfortable with you. Remember to be patient though and pause when you feel the horse getting stressed.
- Respect – Every great relationship on Earth is built on respect and the same goes for the one between you and your horse. Most animals are always afraid in the beginning and the only way to forge a relationship is to convince them that you care about them. Genuine respect automatically fosters a certain level of trust because it motivates you to act in a way that is non-intrusive and caring.
Horses are complex animals that express themselves in very subtle ways. There will always be a lot of push and pull when it comes to your relationship with your horse. Be patient, caring and make sure that you never stress them out. Over time your relationship will surely blossom.
How Much Does It Cost To Maintain A Pet Horse?
It is always an exciting idea to get a horse on your own. However, before you make such a decision,...
How to Control Dog Food Aggression?
Possessiveness is not limited to human beings alone. Even animals, especially our pet dogs, sometimes exhibit possessive nature. It is...
4 Things to Consider Before Buying Fish Supplies
When you get a new aquarium, you need to get some fishes to keep inside it. When you get fishes,...
How to Handle Simple Behavioral Issues of Cats
Just like human beings, cats too can be moody, whimsical and unpredictable. While minor behavioral issues are easy to handle,...
How to Keep A Pet Horse Healthy?
There are certain things you need to do daily to keep yourself healthy. Similarly, if you are raising a horse,...